Activities of the Initiative
The main activities of our Cameras Everywhere Leadership Initiative include:
- Advocating to technology companies and human rights activists about key recommendations emerging from our networks, campaigns and research;
- Developing autonomous tools through WITNESS Labs such as the Secure Smart Camera App, a collaboration with the Guardian Project;
- Promoting understanding and facilitation of informed consent as well as how to conceal identity and provide for visual anonymity;
- Encouraging the use of tools to provide authentication and context for human rights video as well as efficient ways to aggregate and share it;
- Promoting effective policy solutions; and
- Cultivating additional support among foundations and donors for the use of video in human rights campaigns via strong-evidence based research on impact.
Learn more about the Cameras Everywhere Leadership Initiative through videos, publications and blog posts listed below. And stay tuned for a report to be released in spring 2011 with a series of recommendations for technology providers, human rights organizations, philanthropists and policymakers. Media inquiries about the report should be directed to J. Coco Chang, Senior Communications Manager.