Copyright © WITNESS.ORG. 80 Hanson Place, 5th Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11217 | Voice: 718.783.2000 | Fax: 718.783.1593
MENA Social Media Internship
The Middle East North Africa (MENA) Social Media Intern will work with the MENA Program Associate and the Video Advocacy Training Manager to manage the program’s presence on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as maintain lists and databases of activists, NGOs and journalists, and assist with outreach. This position is very central to the overall project.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the content across various social media platforms;
- Conduct research, as needed, on target audience to reach out to via social media for specific initiatives;
- Maintain and grow lists and databases of activists, journalists, NGOs, etc.;
- Assist in brainstorming and implementing creative strategies to increase traffic/followers for a specific initiative;
- Organize and format training materials to be posted on witness.org;
- Keep detailed metrics summaries.
All interns are expected to spend between 20-30% of their time engaged in administrative support.
- Must be fluent in ARABIC.
- Must have a passion for human rights.
- Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter;
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where creativity is encouraged;
- Must be tech savvy and enjoy keeping up with latest technologies online;
- Avid users of social media (for sharing videos, photos and micro-blogging);
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable;
We require a minimum of two months commitment, for at least 15-18 hours a week. Internships are unpaid. Our offices are located in Brooklyn, NY, convenient to the Barclay Center and Atlantic Terminal (2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, Q, N and R trains) and C (Lafayette) and G (Fulton) trains.
No phone inquiries please. We strongly prefer applications by email to email@example.com including a resume and cover letter with “MENA Social Media” in the Subject.