Events and Partnerships Manager
ABOUT THE ‘WHY’
WITNESS believes in the power of effective civic media to protect human rights and drive social change. As advocates and visual storytellers, we know the power of media and technology to amplify marginalized voices, hold abusers accountable, and catalyze movements. We are a global hub of innovative problem-solvers committed to maximizing the potential of the 21st century’s most powerful tools for defending human rights.
For the past 26 years, we have supported activists in more than 100 countries and built trusted networks with grassroots communities, lawyers, and technology platforms – ceaselessly innovating to accelerate human rights and maximize civic participation. We are at a pivotal moment where we have the opportunity to exponentially expand our influence and reach, and are building a dynamic communications team to help lead the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Events and Partnerships Manager is a detail-oriented project manager and event producer who will implement high-impact experiences to engage our community of supporters, and forge strategic partnerships that mobilize resources and drive greater impact at the intersection of video, technology and human rights.
The Manager is responsible for crafting, producing and leading on rich engagement opportunities, including in person events and briefing calls, and will serve as lead on our biggest fundraising event of the year, our annual Focus for Change Benefit. Working closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Manager will play an integral role in managing strategic partnerships—corporate and others—ensuring that we are able to realize the full potential of these relationships across the organization.
The position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and will collaborate closely with staff in Communications, Foundations and Major Gifts. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional event producer and project manager, who is a creative thinker, highly organized, and fluent in strategies for engaging corporations, major donors or board members.
Focus for Change Benefit
- Lead on fundraising and production of WITNESS’ Annual Focus for Change Benefit.
- Work with an event consultant team to implement on all aspects of the Benefit, including production, talent, budgets, materials and messaging.
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Advancement, create a Benefit fundraising plan to increase revenue annually.
- Manage Benefit Committee, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate and strategic partnerships.
- Cultivate and solicit a select portfolio of event donors to ensure year-round engagement and sustained growth in event revenue year over year.
- Manage all event fundraising efforts, working with colleagues to hit revenue goals.
Cultivation and Stewardship Events
- Produce engagement experiences to cultivate and steward WITNESS’ community of supporters by crafting thoughtful and compelling programs, developing internal briefings and external materials, and managing all logistics.
- Own end-to-end execution of the donor experience at events, coordinating closely with External Relations colleagues and others across the organization.
- Act as point person for strategic partnerships, leveraging opportunities across the organization and collaborating with colleagues to engage partners in: skills-based volunteering, cultivation and awareness events; campaign and employee fundraising efforts; and other initiatives that grow WITNESS’ reach and bolster our operational strength.
- In collaboration with the Director of institutional Advancement and Executive Director, assist with the strategy, execution and growth of WITNESS’ strategic partnership program.
- Support senior staff and Board members in their outreach to strategic partners, including research and giving reports, and support developing engagement strategy.
- Manage all partnership deliverables across the organization and ensure receipt of all benefits.
- Work with Major Gift team to increase opportunities for corporate matching gifts and employee designated giving campaigns.
- Develop materials, while leveraging our communications and social media assets to bolster strategic partnerships.
- Manage and maintain Salesforce and other internal systems with the goal of continuing to improve their functionality and effectiveness, including the use and development of reports, dashboards, data entry and fields.
- Oversee decision-making regarding internal database management of donors and its maintenance, while keeping abreast to new trends in system management and evaluate emerging technologies that are relevant to events and donor cultivation.
- Coordinate with the finance department activities related to in-kind support, revenue tracking, annual audit, 990 and other financial documents.
- External Relations Team, Executive Director, Communications.
- Donors, corporate and other strategic partners, Board and Advisory Board, Gala Committee, celebrities/talent, vendors and event consultants.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree plus additional work experience preferred.
- Work Experience: 5-7 years of professional experience in non-profit development, public relations, fundraising or event management.
- Project and Relationship Management: A highly-organized, creative and effective event and project manager with a focus on the donor experience; providing best-in-class relationship management and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
- Communications: Excellent writing and editing skills, strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Systems: Knowledge of relevant databases (Salesforce) and spreadsheet management.
- Work Habits: Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-performance culture; ability to inspire and collaborate.
- Skills: Excellent project management and organizational skills and attention to detail; Ability to work autonomously and self-motivated; experience with event planning and management; strong analytical and budgeting skills and familiarity with managing websites and html.
- Human Rights/Advocacy: Passion for human rights. Basic understanding of human rights, video advocacy and social change.
How to Apply:
To apply, send your cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and contact information for 3 references to jobs[@]witness.org with the subject line “Events and Partnership Manager” [Your name]”.
Please include a cover letter. We are really interested in hearing about what you’ve done, what you can do, and what you want to do at WITNESS.
Additional important information:
START DATE: Immediate
LOCATION: This position is based in Brooklyn, NY
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Our Brooklyn office is conveniently located near Atlantic Terminal as well as 2,3 B,C,Q NYC subway lines.
SALARY: WITNESS offers a competitive salary.
WITNESS is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and individuals protected by any other statuses under federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to, disability, marital, domestic partnership, familial, caregiver, transgender, military or veteran statuses, are encouraged to apply. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.