Finance Associate (Temporary)
WITNESS is seeking a detail-oriented and responsible Finance Associate to perform a wide range of integral fiscal and departmental duties under the direction of the Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for discrepancies, and impeccable professional ethics.
The fight for human rights is at a critical moment, not only in the United States but around the world. Come work at WITNESS to power up people and organizations using visual media to amplify important stories and catalyze campaigns for change. WITNESS uses video to open the eyes of the world to human rights violations. We empower people to transform personal stories of abuse into powerful tools for justice, promoting public engagement and policy change.
This is a temporary position out of our Brooklyn, NY office for 30-40 hours per week. The position is expected to end in May with the possibility of extension.
The Finance Associate role is an entry level support role. As a member of the Finance Team, the Associate performs a wide range of integral fiscal and departmental duties under the direction of the Senior Accountant.
- Create, process and import General Journal entries.
- Reconcile accounts, subledgers, and databases to the General Ledger.
- Book payroll, fringe benefits, deposits, online transactions, and credit card transactions as well as other sales and donations.
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions, including the generation and tracking of invoices.
- Process payments, including check payments, ACH, and wire transfer payments.
- Process and reconcile expense reports (Advance Reconciliations, Credit Card Reconciliations, Reimbursement Requests).
- Prepare and transfer batches from the Concur system to Blackbaud’s Financial Edge General Ledger. Make title corrections and other adjustments as needed.
- Retrieve Bank Statements and process as needed.
- Provide support to Operations Associate in responding to Staff queries relating to all finance matters.
- Assist with completion of all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as departmental, program, project, and grant reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Finance Team
- Operations Associate
- All Staff
- Experience in accounting, financial management, or business, preferably at a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related field.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- High level of proficiency with the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- Experience with financial accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and/or Concur.
- Experience with Salesforce, Paymentech, and/or Authorize.net
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
TITLE: Finance Associate
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Finance Associate – [Your Name]”.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; early applications encouraged. Please note that due to the volume anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We kindly ask that you do not send duplicate applications via mail or email, and no phone calls. Thank you.
WITNESS is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and individuals protected by any other statuses under federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to, disability, marital, domestic partnership, familial, caregiver, transgender, military or veteran statuses, are encouraged to apply. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.