Media Alert: Peter Gabriel and WITNESS Celebrate 11th Annual Focus For Change Benefit, November 12, 2015
Performances by Sebu Simonian of Capital Cities, Black Violin, DJ Scribe & OP!
Honoring Philippe Dauman, Viacom President & CEO
New York, November 2, 2015 – The 2015 Focus for Change Benefit dinner and concert for WITNESS, the international human rights organization, will be held on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at ArtBeam.
A combination of musical performances, inspiring stories from human rights activists, and a community of supporters representing the arts, journalism, philanthropy, tech and more come together for one of most inspirational events in New York City.
WITNESS trains and supports people to use video safely, ethically, and effectively for human rights worldwide. More people than ever are using video to expose the truth, yet they often lack the tools and skills to turn their videos into justice. Too often their footage is difficult to verify, lost completely, or simply does not contain the information needed for a court of law. This year’s Benefit theme “Video for Justice” highlights WITNESS’ work connecting activists and lawyers to ensure they understand each other’s needs and challenges in order to increase the potential of video as a tool for justice.
WHAT: 11th Annual Focus For Change Benefit and Concert for WITNESS
- Host: Peter Gabriel, musician, human rights advocate and WITNESS co-founder
- Performances By: Sebu Simonian of Capital Cities, Black Violin, DJ Scribe & OP!
- Honoree: Philippe Dauman, Viacom President & CEO, for his dedication to amplifying stories of social change and in doing so inspiring Viacom audiences to take action around issues that matter to them.
- Featured Speaker: Kevin Moore, WeCopwatch Baltimore Activist who filmed the arrest of Freddie Gray
- Red Carpet Host: Tai Beauchamp
WHEN: Thursday, November 12, 2015, 6:30pm: Red carpet arrivals and cocktail. 7:15: Program, paddle raise and performances. *Press check-in at 6 PM.
WHERE: ArtBeam, 540 West 21st Street (at 11th Ave) New York, NY
*PRESS: Must RSVP in advance to cover event. To RSVP and to request interviews in advance of the event please contact Matisse Bustos-Hawkes at WITNESS via Press@witness.org or 718-783-2000 ext. 306 or Erica Gerard at PMK via Erica.Gerard@pmkbnc.com or 212-582-1111.