Meet us at SXSW 2018!
If you’re going to SXSW this year, take a break from the music and movies to join WITNESS’ Program Director, Sam Gregory, and U.S. Program Coordinator, Pali Makam, on Sunday, March 11 from 2-3 pm for an informal and collaborative meetup about the role of community journalism and eyewitness video in the fight for human rights.
Use the space as an opportunity to chat with others working in the field, brainstorm, collaborate and learn how we can better support civic witnessing in an era of dangerous populism and authoritarianism in the U.S. and internationally. Learn more about the Citizen Journalists and Activists Meet Up. We hope to see you there!
Here are some other sessions we’re looking forward to attending this year:
- Creating New Stories of Immigration – Saturday, March 10, 3:30-4:30 pm
- The ACLU of Southern California
- Bard College
- The New Yorker Magazine
- Will We Trust Media When Our Own Eyes Deceive Us? Saturday, March 10, 5-6 pm
- Data for Democracy
- The Atlantic
- Innovation, New Media, and the SDG Revolution – Wednesday, March 14, 12:30-1:30 pm
- Hashtag Our Stories
- City of Oslo
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Action Campaign
If you haven’t registered for SXSW already, you can do it here.