Video as Evidence Workshop at Assembly of State Parties
WITNESS’ Kelly Matheson, Senior Attorney and Program Manager, will be attending the 14th Assembly of States Parties (ASP) in The Hague, Netherlands, November 19-25. The event brings together representatives from the 123 countries that have signed onto the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC), the treaty which established the International Criminal Court in 1998.
Matheson will co-lead a workshop on “NGO Guidelines for Fact-Finding”, hosted by the Open Society Justice Initiative. The workshop will provide guidance and best practices for NGOs and civil society groups documenting and collecting evidence of crimes under the Rome Statute, as well as share recommendations on how to interact with ICC representatives. WITNESS’ Video as Evidence Field Guide will be presented at the event.
The event is free and open to the public. Learn more about the Video as Evidence work on our new website: vae.witness.org.
Friday, November 20, 3-5pm
- Olivia Bueno, International Refugee Rights Initiative
- Alison Cole, Open Society Justice Initiative
- Federica D’Alessandra and Paul Williams, PILPG-The Netherlands
- Alexa Koenig, Berkeley Human Rights Center
- Kelly Matheson, WITNESS
- Nancy Valdez Vielman, Guatemalan Forensic Anthropology Foundation
Sharon Nakandha, Open Society Justice Initiative