WITNESS along with 30 leading technologists, machine learning specialists, academic researchers, human rights researchers, and journalists came together to discuss ways to mitigate threats involving deepfakes and AI.
- 18 June | News and Events | alisidiki | No comment
Our project investigates how video and open source data gathered by local groups can help corroborate incidents of abuse and help communities tell their own stories.
- 05 June | News and Events Press | alisidiki | No comment
Our Tech+Advocacy Program Manager Dia Kayyali spoke to Nick Glicher, director of TrustLaw at the Thomson Reuters Foundation about data privacy and its importance to human rights.
- 04 June | News and Events Participate | alisidiki | No comment
Join us on June 6 at 8 p.m. ET to help us test out Mobil-Eyes-Us, an app that connects frontline human rights defenders with distant supporters in real time
- 26 September | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Two founding members of our partner group, Coletivo Papo Reto visit New York to talk about their use of video combatting police violence and counter mainstream narratives about favelas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 21 July | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Last week a federal court ruled the Mexican state has a constitutional obligation to respect indigenous land rights and consult indigenous communities.