Our Tech Advocacy Program Manager, Dia Kayyali, will speak at the "Content Moderation & Removal at Scale" conference, Feb. 5, 2019, in Brussels.
- 28 January | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
A proposed law encourages the use of opaque algorithms that could threaten content created by human rights defenders, alternative media, and journalists.
- 14 January | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
Kayyali joined experts in the technology, human rights, and policymaking worlds to urge Zuckerberg to develop a more ethical and principled company.
- 27 December | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
We joined Communities United for Police Reform (CPR) and over 100 organizations and family members of people killed by the police in New York to call for a full repeal of law 50-a.
- 17 December | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
The report tracks how WITNESS is collaborating with affected communities, legal advocacy organizations and media outlets to track cases of enforcement abuse by ICE. It also highlights our direct training of communities to use their own media tools to document wrongdoing.
- 11 December | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
WITNESS joins 70 international organizations and individuals to call on Google to end Project Dragonfly, the censored search app for China.
- 19 November | News and Events | alisidiki | No comment
The training will take place at the Waterfront Ballroom at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada.
- 26 September | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Two founding members of our partner group, Coletivo Papo Reto visit New York to talk about their use of video combatting police violence and counter mainstream narratives about favelas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 21 July | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Last week a federal court ruled the Mexican state has a constitutional obligation to respect indigenous land rights and consult indigenous communities.