Trust is more important now than ever before. This spring, WITNESS is taking a stand for trust, truth, and transparency, and we want you to be a part of it.
- 15 April | News and Events | Jackie Zammuto | No comment
Join us for a workshop on Wednesday, April 24 from 12pm-2pm offering practical guidance on using video to advocate for human rights and justice.
- 15 March | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
Next week, the Civil Liberties [LIBE] Committee of the European Parliament is set to vote on the proposed “Regulation on preventing the dissemination of terrorist content online” that WITNESS and other civil society organizations have been strongly opposing for months.
- 12 March | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
On February 20th, Samir Flores Soberanes, popular communicator and activist, was murdered outside his house in Mexico. It is urgent that the Mexican government thoroughly investigate the case. It is impunity that enables killings of leaders from indigenous communities to continue. Read more.
- 30 January | News and Events | matisse | No comment
Our Tech Advocacy Program Manager, Dia Kayyali, will speak at the "Content Moderation & Removal at Scale" conference, Feb. 5, 2019, in Brussels.
- 28 January | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
A proposed law encourages the use of opaque algorithms that could threaten content created by human rights defenders, alternative media, and journalists.
- 14 January | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
Kayyali joined experts in the technology, human rights, and policymaking worlds to urge Zuckerberg to develop a more ethical and principled company.
- 27 December | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
We joined Communities United for Police Reform (CPR) and over 100 organizations and family members of people killed by the police in New York to call for a full repeal of law 50-a.
- 17 December | News and Events Press | matisse | No comment
The report tracks how WITNESS is collaborating with affected communities, legal advocacy organizations and media outlets to track cases of enforcement abuse by ICE. It also highlights our direct training of communities to use their own media tools to document wrongdoing.
- 26 September | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Two founding members of our partner group, Coletivo Papo Reto visit New York to talk about their use of video combatting police violence and counter mainstream narratives about favelas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 21 July | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Last week a federal court ruled the Mexican state has a constitutional obligation to respect indigenous land rights and consult indigenous communities.